Very unpleasant long-distance move from Toronto to Vancouver this summer. 0 stars. Please read before choosing this company.
Pick-up was smooth but delivery was a disaster!
- gave little delivery notice (on a long weekend) and the alternative to charge extra for storage and redelivery fees
- first delivery: 15 of 25 items missing, mover [name removed by Sirelo] did not offer any explanation and wanted me to sign the receipt
- after multiple phone conversations and emails, located 14 items in their warehouse and 1 item delivered to another customer on the same date, scheduled for redelivery on a Sunday
- company replied that Costa was the only staff handling jobs in Vancouver; logically, he was likely responsible for delivery errors
- second delivery: unexpected knock on my door one day ahead (saturday) without confirmation by [name removed by Sirelo] again; company's response was Costa explained to Dispatch who was 'too busy' on a weekend to confirm with the customer so they came anyway
- [name removed by Sirelo] did not offer any explanation or apologies for the error, dropped 15 items OUTSIDE of my home on a wet ground, refused to discuss and drove away in the middle of a conversation
- [names removed by Sirelo] from customer service/claims offered blanket statement replies that it was bad luck and errors happen - even if it was 60% of items missing- used pandemic and employee stress as an excuse
- no response after escalating to senior management [names removed by Sirelo]
- no compensation for errors and customer inconvenience
- many boxes and items were in poor condition, a reflection of lack of care during the move
- poor communication: long holds on phone that leads to full voicemails (cannot leave message), slow response to email
In my opinion, centennial moving is an extremely unprofessional company that tolerates multiple employee errors and misbehaviours with no accountability. Recommend avoiding at all costs or risk being treated like this.Read more
Thank you for sharing these kind words with us. We do understand that the moving itself is a stressful event, and that’s exactly why our entire team is working to ease and smooth the process, so it will be a stress-free event.